Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Feed Me Semour

Mighty Mouse is hungry. He has been on rice cereal and baby food for almost two months now and he is loving it. He gobbles it up, smiles and says "MMMMM" after every bite. So far, he is only getting dinner but I know he's ready to add another meal to the rotation. But I haven't started feeding him breakfast yet. Because I am too busy and way too tired. How terrible is that?

The kid is starving but I feel like I barley have time to give him the boob while I am getting the other two breakfast, making their lunches, getting them dressed, teeth brushed, shoes on, hair combed and on our way by 8:30. I have eliminated my morning shower, and even though I get up TWO HOURS before we have to leave, I hardly have time to sip my coffee before we are out the door. So I have not introduced the morning meal to my baby...because I am too busy. Talk about Mommy guilt. Whenever my Mom-tourage and I talk about our Mommy guilt, it always boils down to this: "Well, you're feeding them and beyond that all you can do is what you can do." So now I KNOW I am horrible, because I am not even meeting his most basic need! Ack.

I admit it would probably only take about five minutes, but it also means loosing a little more precious sleep. And I am freakin tired people. I am this close to letting the kids run amock and leaving the baby to sit in his own stinkies so I can take a nap. Even considering this (although I wouldn't.. probably never... do this) just adds to my guilt, which leads to more sleepless nights. Since I refuse to become one of those Mom's, I know what I have to do. Tomorrow I will be setting my alarm for 6:15 instead of 6:30 so I can feed Mighty Mouse. If I doze off in the middle of tomorrow's blog.... well you know who to blame.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Liz! It's Lena Jones from Vancouver - went to school w/Mer, not sure if you'd even remember me but I linked her from her site and have been following a few months. Pretty much since I had my baby 4 mths ago. Eek. Anyway - I love it and love that you're updating daily right now. So true. Best,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lena! I think I do remember you, did you play soccer with Mere also? Congrats on your baby! Boy or girl? I am so glad you're reading. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, on the Strikers. Wow, that's an impressive memory! (mine being COMPLETELY SHOT right now, which is funny as I attempt to teach my students)

    She's a she so I'm also stuck in the sea of endless pink.

    Yes, I'm really enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete