Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Place of Peace?

I'm frazzled. I am always a ball of whats next, how will we accomplish it all, and why is the house such a mess. It's just a part of who I am. I am on the go, looking towards the future. But lately I have been trying to be more peaceful. I read an article that stated if the Mom is in a place of the peace the family, and therefore the kids tend to be more peaceful too. What's that you say? By being peaceful I can elicit peace from my kids? Please. Hell yes.

You know I need some freakin peace in my life. I need it so bad I'll go against my nature to gain it. But it aint easy man. Life with three kids five and under is just not that peaceful. They're fighting, Mini Boots lost his turtle (lovie) and Little Britches needs space to color, and all hell breaks out. Then the baby starts crying because it's such a cluster of ruckus. And I start to get panicky because this is a lot to handle on my own... and it's bath night... and we are out of milk. I don't care how long I come form a place of peace, things are crazy. But is that really such a bad thing?

I think in THIS time of our lives we are better off embracing the chaos than trying to fight it. Because you know what? As soon as I admit this is tough, busy and stressful, it doesn't seem nearly as bad. It's not going to be less crazy anytime soon, but maybe I can set an example of acceptance and reality rather than stress and frustration. (What? I said maybe!) Look, life will always get in the way of living the way I think I should. And this mantra is teaching me to roll with the chaos. It's the difficult times that define me so when I am feeling frazzled the next time, damn it, I'm coming from a place of peace....

No comments:

Post a Comment