Sunday, November 7, 2010

Reasons I Hate Kids Birthday Parties

Little Britches BFF had a party this weekend. It was the first time one of her friends (and not a family friend with kids her age) had a party. She was so excited. We went to the store and she picked out the gift, helped me wrap it and asked every day if the party was Todaaaay Mooom? She she had a blast, but it was rough for me. Since Super Boots is gone I had to keep all three kids happy and on good behavior for three freakin hours. During nap time. And hopped up on sugar. You knew it was coming... reasons why I hate going to kids birthday parties.

1. They are always held during nap time. Am I the only one with kids who go bonkers if they miss their naps? And why does every party have to be at one pm? Could I just get a two pm every once in a while?

2. Sugar overload. You know how much I hate giving my kids sugar. And the last thing everyone does at a party is give them a big hunk of cake with a side of ice cream. And then they send you off with a goody bag filled with more crack...err candy. So you're totally exhausted and the kids are pinging off the walls until it's finally close enough to bed time that you can justify tucking them in.

3. Goody Bags. Not only are they filled with kiddie crack, but they contain at least twelve useless dollar store toys that I will be tripping over for the next two months. They also break easily making me freak out that Mighty Mouse will get his paws on the wheel of a toy truck and if he doesn't choke to death, he will be poisoned from ingesting lead paint.

4. Bouncy House Drama. Every party I have been to this year has had a Bouncy House. Don't get me wrong they are awesome. But the big kids bounce out the little kids, some child gets motion sickness and barfs. Not to mention that they just know you are slightly out of control and if they can bounce away fast enough you might give up and let them misbehave. Which you do. Cause it's super frustrating trying to keep your kids playing nice when all the other kids are NOT.

5. Present time. As the kids get older this is not such a big deal, but for little kids, ugh, they just don't get it. They do not understand why this kid gets a huge mountain of gifts and they don't even get one! (Please Mom, Just a little one?)

I know they love em. So we'll keep going. But I kinda hate kids Birthday parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment