Sunday, November 14, 2010

Mom Jeans=Bad. Mom Bag=Awesome.

There are some things that Mom's are known for. Some are good, and some are not. Like Mom Jeans. We all have friends who wear them, and they are just bad. I mean the high waist? The tapered leg? There is no getting around it, they are horrible. And they just scream I am Mom, nothing more. There also is the Mom bag and we all need them, however they can be pretty bad too. But if you put a little effort into finding something stylish and functional, your bag will keep the Mommy under wraps and make you feel good about rocking it. I love mine.

I was never a big diaper bag girl. I used one for a few months afer I had Little Britches, but never loved it. Don't get me wrong it was exceptionally functional and my organizational side loved all the pockets, but I resisted using it long term. I needed a bag that looked like me. Sooner than most, I went back to my purse. Before kids I was used to carrying tiny little purses, so for christmas Super Boots got me a big, beautiful Coach bag. It doesn't look like a Mom bag, but it is. I love it and I still use it four years later. I have room for everything I could ever need. Or that you might need. Cause that's the thing about a Mom bag. Even in disguise, they contain all kinds of tricks to get several people through the day.

Sure I have your standard issue diapers, wipes and snacks. But my Mom bag also has Tide-to-Go mini (you all know how I feel about miniature things, in fact, lets just assume almost everything in the bag is miniature... cause it is) just in case you have a coffee dribble or a sweet potato spit up. And it has bandaids, ointment, ibuprofen and spare zip-locks for bloody wipes or poopey diapers. I have bows for Little Britches, and party packs of play dough, crayons and one tiny coloring book for the days we get stuck somewhere. Lolly pops for the rare bribe, not to mention a note pad for bloggy notes, five lip glosses, two lotions, Purell (this might be the only non miniature item, cause we got through that like crazy). I keep a manicure and sewing kit as well as a flashlight. It is all organized into a few cosmetic bags of varying sizes. I am pretty sure any Mommy emergency could be handled as long as I have my Mom bag.

So even if you hate anything that makes you look like a mom (Mini Van) the Mom bag is one I totally recommend embracing. Just find one that suits your non-Mommy inner sense of style. And when someone spills on their new blouse dig into your bag of tricks like the Mom that you are. Cause mom bags are awesome. What do you have in yours?

1 comment:

  1. 3 bouncy balls
    a match box car
    kid size toothbrush and floss ( we went to the dentist yesterday)
    I think my mom bag has turned into my 6.5 year olds carry all. :)

    ReplyDelete