Thursday, April 22, 2010

MOM-tourage

While the Motherhood Mafia is an all encompassing group, within the ranks lies a very special handful of women. You don't just get understanding from afar, no no. This group is in the trenches with you. These ladies will talk out any potty training issue you have, climb in your minivan the day after a road trip and laugh about the layer of cracker dust, and meet you at the ER to pick up your healthy kids with chicken nuggets and a don't-worry-about-a-thing-babysitting offer. These devoted and tolerant women make up your MOM-tourage. I rely on them as much as I rely on my husband, and the MOM-tourage always has my back. So who's in mine?

*No Nonsense, Don't Mess With Me Mom
She is fantastically loyal, hyper organized, and uber tough. Nothing gets by her and you can learn a lot about managing it all seamlessly from this Mom. She may come off a bit rough, but once she takes you under her wing you never have to worry about emergency help or sound advise.

*Up For Anything, Always Fun Mom
She is ready to hit the zoo on a moments notice, always up to meet at the park and loves pizza night. The two of you spend lots of time laughing and chatting over play dates. Perfect for the SAHM, she assures you you're not alone in this Mom Mania and really means it when she says "Call me anytime."

*The Know It All, Been There Done That Mom
This Mom has at least three kids and has seen it all. Her youngest is probably the same age as your oldest, and she has been through everything. Need a great pediatrician? Call her. Best schools? She's got a list and probably knows the director. At the end of your rope with temper tantrums? She'll have the creative solution you need. A great addition to your Mom-tourage, she is a wealth of knowledge and reminds you to keep muddling through.

*The Mom Who Knew You When
She was your friend when your biggest worry was what to wear on Friday night. You have been friends for years and she gets how this Mommy gig is tough for YOU. This Mom knows what you sacrificed and how you changed. She'll call you out on your BS and then tear it up at MNO (Mom's Night Out) just like the two of you did on that one wild spring break trip.


These are my core four, and I could not feel deeper devotion and adoration for them if I married them. Which I would. In a second. (Couldn't we all use a wife?) They have shared the sleeping through the night FINALY highs and lifted me out of the undiagnosed PPD lows. These are the ladies who will make sure I never again have to take my kids to a pelvic exam. So while I am a card carrying Motherhood Mafia Member, my heart belongs to my MOM-tourage.

1 comment:

  1. So much fun..... Now to figure out which catagory I fit in ;)

    ReplyDelete