Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Dear Kate....

Kate Gosselin - I just have to get this off my chest....


Oh gosh I am sooooo sorry you got kicked off Dancing with the Stars. Really. I mean with all that awesome foot work and hip shaking... who are we kidding.... it's amazing you lasted as long as you did. But now that you're done I can't help but breathe a sigh of relief. I am so tired of hearing the "poor me" spiel you have dished out at every turn. Let's face it, the Kate I knew was never a victim.

Here's the deal. I used to love Jon and Kate Plus Eight. The kids were pretty cute, but she was my Mom Idol. Kate was awesome. She rocked the sweats and crazy do, never ever had a date night, and crumbs under her table were a daily disaster. She could put one kid in time out, hold one up by the arm until they realized She. Was. Not. Kidding. She'd manage four others playing play dough all while holding a conversation with the crew. It was awesome! She had a schedule for everything and made an inspirational list. (You know she won major points from me on this one). If you pissed her off, you knew it (I'd be pretty crabby with 8 kids under five too) but most of the time she was just doing her best to hold it all together. It was a lot like my life. And then came the divorce....

While there is no denying Jon was/is a total douche bag, I expected more from her. I hoped she'd WO-man up and tell the world she lost 200 lbs of dead weight and was gonna be better than ever without him. But no. She whined. And cried. And acted like she couldn't handle it. PAH-lease girl. We all know who you are. You, Kate are the don't-mess-with-me-Mom! Own it! It's why we loved you. Not many of us could have figured out how to keep up with all the chaos eight kids brings. But you did it, and did it well. You inspired me to keep my linen closet organized, make time for special Valentines Day heart shaped pancakes, and grocery shop on a budget because if you could do it I sure could!

Seriously Kate, if you say "I just have to do what's best for my kids" one more time while giving off puppy dog eyes I will smack you. Acting like you're so sad and speaking quietly into the camera just isn't working for you. You have an army of Mom's who felt empowered by your no-nonsence existence. You are a tough Bitch. So please make a list of why you can be an amazing Mom and the next time someone asks you how you do it, tell em the truth. "You put on your Mom jeans and deal, now back off because I've got eight organic lunches to pack."

1 comment:

  1. Liz, yet another thing you and I completely agree on! I was the one sticking up for Kate, because I TOO, would be a little bit crazy, sassy, sometimes short, very irritable, and hyper about schedules if I had 8 kids!! I was the one saying, BE in her shoes one day, and tell me if you would be able to stay sane. I felt for her. Then all this stuff came, and now she just needs to step up the plate, and maybe the mound, and throw a few curve balls to old Johnny boy! No more of this poor me crap! Be yourself again Kate, that's why we liked you in the first place and you made millions on your daily life...C'MON!

    ReplyDelete