Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring (Not-So-Much-Of-A) Break

Today is the first day of spring break. And by break, I mean no break at all if you're a SAHM. Now if you are one of the family-vacations-to-some-place-tropical types, best of luck. To me it's the same old same old but with lots of stress keeping an entire family occupied in a small room without childproofing and at least a month of recovery. If you're the stay-at-home-and-try-to-keep-the-kids-occupied type, well welcome to my life. It's a double your work load, go crazy if I have to tell you one more time, loose your mind by Wednesday if I don't get another glass of wine now, week. Let's just say it takes more mental strategy to keep kids busy, and more patience than anyone has.

Any place you would normally take your children to entertain them, will be twice, no make that three times as crowded. The museums will be packed and the the zoo, well it'll be a zoo! Community pools, overflowing. Even your local park will have a line for the swings. This may or may not deter you depending on your tolerance of crowds, but I need a prozac to handle kids elbowing my babies out of the view window at the lions den.

My solution to spring break boredom/insanity is simple.... PLAY DATE! Call the mom's you love, make a batch of mimosa's and let the kids run amok. It's a great way to reconnect and enjoy some adult conversation. The kids can entertain themselves and believe me any SAHM will love the opportunity to break up the monotony of the Spring (Not-So-Much-Of-A) Break.

No comments:

Post a Comment