Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Guest Blogger - New Mom Must Haves

****I know you have all been on the edge of your seat waiting for my super stylish (and new Mom) sister to send us her Guest Blog on how to be a Stylish Mommy... and the wait is finally over! She is amazing, I know you think I'm biased, but seriously... she IS. Check out her blog HERE. One read and you'll agree!****

Stylist, fashion writer and new mom Meredith Mortensen shares a few of her secrets on how to be a stylish mom.

I knew I'd be busy when I became a mom. But I could never anticipate just how busy I would be. With little time for myself, its easy to become frumptastic. You know what I'm talking about. Living in sweatpants and showering only once in a while. (Editors Note: I tried to warn her, I swear!)

Luckily for me, and all the other new moms out there, I've discovered a few things that make me feel like, well, like a hip mom. So if you've vowed to never own a mini-van or wear mom jeans - read on! (Editors Note: Hey! Are you saying I cashed in my cool card when I got my mini-van? I don't think so.... I am totally the coolest Mom at Karate! Ummm.... yeah.....)

Breastfeeding Tank Tops
Okay, I'll admit it. It seems like anything that has the words breastfeeding and tank top in the same line would be completely uncute. Turns out, that's so false. There are some adorable breastfeeding tank tops out there. And since I wear one every day, I was happy to discover these stylish options. My favorites are in cute patterns and bright colors.

Cute Cardigans
It's my go-to mom outfit: A breastfeeding tank top and a cute cardigan. It's so functional and user-friendly yet still cute. And wearing a cardigan always makes me feel more put together.

The New "It" Bag
No, I'm not talking about Chanel or Balenciaga. The new "it" bag for moms is a diaper bag. There are some fabulous diaper bags that really make a statement. You can leave your handbag at home and just toss your wallet in these tastefully designed bags. In bold colors and unique prints, these diaper bags will quickly become your new favorite accessory.

So there you have it. A few things I can't live without as a new mom. (Editors Note: See? Told ya. No pajama jean).

****Thanks So Much Meredith! Be sure you take a few minutes to read Styled Northwest!****

No comments:

Post a Comment