Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Mom-versation

Ever tried to have a conversation with a Mom while her kids are up? Yeah. It's a little ADD. And it usually goes something like this...

*Friend "Hi! How are you?"
*Mom "Oh HI! I have been meaning to call... (Sweetie, Mommy is on the phone, wait just a minute.)"
*Friend "So how are you doing?"
*Mom "Pretty well, I mean things are nuts as usual but... hang on.. (Oh you want milk, ok just give me a sec.)"
*Mom "So are you guys still doing that ... (Well I am sorry it's not in the Valentines cup, just drink it. I'm on the phone.)"
*Friend "Are you guys busy? I can call you back."
*Mom "No no, just the usual. So what was I asking you? Oh yeah are you guys going to the preschool carnival?"
*Friend "Ummm, I think so. But you know little man has had an ear infect..."
*Mom "(I am ON THE PHONE. No you can not have lunch it's only 10am... and don't hit your brother) Sorry. So if he's feeling up to it you'll be there?"
*Friend "Yeah. Lets just hope he's feeling better by then."
*Mom "(I SAID don't hit your brother!) Ok... Hang on (Who wants to watch a Movie?) Ok I'm back. Sorry what were you saying?
*Friend "Dora to the rescue?"
*Mom "Yup, lets see how long this lasts. Anyway I really hope you guys can make... (What? Well I'm sorry its the wrong Dora, but I. AM. ON. THE. PHONE.)"
*Mom "Yeah I'm gonna have to let you go."
*Friend "No problem I get it, but hey call me later."
*Mom "Sure, will do, gotta go! (Alright who got out the markers?)" click....

You may think we don't want to talk, but that is not true at all. We LOVE to have adult conversations but for some reason we get on the phone and our kids decide to turn into naughty little munchkins that have a black hole of needs! They know we're distracted and if we're not careful the markers end up coloring our couches and we will loose our Mommy minds. So do me a favor, let me call you during nap time, or better yet after they're in bed. Because I really do care, I just... (Seriously, put away the MARKERS. NOW.)... ok. Where was I? Oh yes. I guess the same goes for blogging...

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! So true! What is also annoying are the Moms who have been there, had those types of conversations but still get aggravated when you have to interrupt them to clean up spilled milk or change a poopy diaper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this a couple of days ago but laughed about it again today when I was talking to my mom and she sat in silence on the other end of the phone for close to a minute while Abby gave me a very detailed account of her bike ride around the outside of our house. You crack me up...mostly because it is all so true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! This is good Liz....I think I've done this about a million times....

    ReplyDelete