Thursday, July 15, 2010

Loosing Your Mommy Mind

My kids are creatures of habit. They like their routine. (Gee I wonder where they get that?) And so when one of my BFF's from our life in Hawaii came for a visit with her three kids, well, you might say it was a little overwhelming for them. I couldn't have been happier! She cooked, cleaned, did my laundry, helped with the baby.... have I mentioned I totally need a wife? But my kids turned into naughty little munchkins. So even though I knew WHY they were misbehaving, and I TRIED to keep it as normal as possible, it was still tough on them. And there were a few moments when I knew I was going to loose my mommy mind! Thank goodness the HIBFF gets it, but as the week drew to a close, I had uncovered a few warning signs. And since kids SMELL your annoyances like dogs smell fear, watch out. Once they know you're struggling... they really go in for the kill!

How to Recognize When You are Going to Loose Your Mommy Mind-

*Feelings of ineffectiveness and aggravation.
*Sudden urge to down a bottle of wine.
*Dreams of running screaming down your street naked in the hopes of being committed to a mental hospital. No phones? Peaceful padded room? Meds? Sounds like a plan to me!
*Rapid heart rate, shallow breath and tummy troubles... followed by chugging of pepto.
*Futile attempts to solve the problems with disney channel and juice boxes only lead to more frustrations.
*Saying "If I have to tell you one more time..." 18 times in a row.

Unfortunately there is really only one cure. Night out with booze and buddies. That's right. Only Jose and his posse can save you now! If any of these signs persist for longer than one hour, call a sitter and head out. Because no one likes it when Mommy looses her Mommy Mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment