Monday, May 24, 2010

Can I get an Upgrade?

It never fails. A Mom from a previous generation will stop by for coffee and comment on all the the new baby contraptions we have today. "You have it soo easy!" they always say. I can't tell you how many times my own mother has commented on how instead of a vibrating chair she would put us in a laundry basket on top of the washing machine. I agree, raising babies has gotten easier with all the new products, but have never experienced first hand the old-timers perspective... until now. And all I can say is wow! Things have changed in just the couple of years since I had my last baby. I can tell the Motherhood Mafia has been demanding some upgrades... and now I am reaping the benefits (insert evil laugh Bwah hahaha). Here are two of the awesome upgrades I have experienced.

*Motorized Swing with a PLUG IN*
No more spending all your savings on batteries! Nope, now a ten pack of D batteries will actually last me longer than a week. Who cares if the swing is the only place the baby will sleep? Plug that swing in and get your five hours Mama!

*Jogging Stroller with an iPod Dock*
Oh yeah, rock out while you get out! If you're like me, walks have always saved me during the newborn months. I could get a little exercise, see the sun and break up the monotony of a long day at home with baby. But I always missed my tunes. No longer! Now I can make a walk-that-baby-weight-off play list, plug in and jam out! Since my last jogger (RIP) was held together with duct tape (no I am not joking, and yes I did use it anyway... for a year) I am totally saving up for one of these.

These two upgrades are so simple and yet so smart! I can't help but think "Why didn't I think of that?" (Oh wait... Mommy Brain). A big thank you to the Mom's who made these happen! What are the upgrades you can't live without?

1 comment:

  1. Batteries??? Plug in??? When I had my first (and no i'm not done~Due to remarriage and wanting to have one with the new hubby {Lord willing}) the swing I owned was a crank wind up powered only last 10-15 min thingy! LOL

    ReplyDelete